The first of many surprises... a new subfloor

 After removing the hardwood floor, the first of many unexpected changes in plans was finding out the subfloor had such wide gaps that using a leveling cement would not be possible adn that leveling the subfloor would be extremely challenging at best.  So... I decided to take the "easier" path and install a new plywood subfloor over top of the original subfloor to prevent the new hardwood floor from creaking and/or cracking.  So, I hauled in 23 sheets of 4' x 8' plywood into the house.  I leveled out the original subfloor the best I could with sanding and laying down asphalt shingles on either side of the high point in the floor to make it a gradual transition.  Henri was not impressed with this step of the process.  










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The chimney...

Origination of the Renovation idea