Origination of the Renovation idea
The idea of this renovation project started with new beginning and a refresh of life starting a refresh of the house. The original idea was to replace the carpeting in the bedrooms as they were pretty well trashed out after 8 years of use and abuse by the animals living there. This then expended to thinking about putting a new coat of paint on the walls, then if I going to replace the bedroom flooring, maybe I should put hardwood throughout the entire upstairs (except the kitchen and the bathroom), and I have always wanted to remove the wall between the kitchen and the dinning room and install a breakfast bar, and..., and...
And so the spiral of the ever expanding renovation project commenced!
Step one was to remove the dated popcorn ceiling texture that was in the guest bedroom. This was the first step so that I could scrape all the popcorn onto the carpet, rollup the carpet, and throw it all out at once! I think this step of scraping off the popcorn above my head was some of the most annoying physically demanding step in this whole process for the few hours I needed to do this.



Comments
Post a Comment